Becoming a Trusted Advisor
Begin the Journey
Your career at Davie Kaplan, CPA, P.C. is a collaborative path that positions you for personal and professional growth. Our Firm has dedicated, experienced and well-trained professionals who provide high quality services to our clients. We prioritize learning and development, flexible working conditions and giving back to the communities where we live and work. Join our team, we will work along-side you to design your career to be a part of a group of trusted advisors that share a goal of exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Davie Kaplan strives to offer a mix of benefits for attracting and retaining top talent for our workplace. Here are some highlights:
- Core hours 9 AM – 4 PM
- ½ day Fridays Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Work from home availability
- Dress for your day policy
- Firm outings throughout the year
- Firm sponsored athletic teams
- Firm sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Monthly coaching
- Career development programs
- CPA Exam reimbursement
- Paid CPA exam study and test time
- Bonus paid for passing CPA exam
- Continuing professional education
Investing in You
- Paid time-off
- Compensatory time off for overtime worked
- Annual salary reviews
- 401k plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Paid parking
- Health and related insurance benefits
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Group term life insurance
We are committed to offering benefits that bring value to our employees based on our belief that the success of our Firm is a direct result of the success and well-being of our employee team members.
Davie Kaplan is a great alternative to the “Big Firms”. We are a dynamic and progressive CPA firm located in Rochester, NY with over 50 employees. Our Firm provides accounting, tax, audit, management advisory and consulting services to businesses and the individuals that own them.
Why is Davie Kaplan a good choice for you? Every employee receives an individual career plan. We listen to your goals and objectives for your career and help you achieve them along the way. All this is complemented by a friendly and relaxing work environment.
- Full-time opportunities
- Seasonal and internship opportunities
If you are interested in joining our team, please contact: Maureen Dempsey-Frazer
Audit and Accounting Department:
- Seeking audit team members, with 2-5 years of prior experience.
- Seeking tax team members, with 2-5years of experience.
- Trust & Estate – experience or interest is ideal
Positions available from February 2021 to April 2021.
Seasonal Income Tax Reviewers and Preparers (PT or FT):
- Previous tax preparation experience preferred, yet training will be offered.
Seasonal Clerical Support (PT or FT):
- Processing of income tax returns, including organizing and proofing. Experience a plus, yet training will be offered.
Tax and Busy Season Internships:
- Interns will be involved primarily with personal income tax return preparation.
- Training Provided
- Classroom-type training will be provided as well as on-the-job training with close supervision and constant feedback.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather, organize, and analyze data for personal tax returns
- Prepare personal income tax returns utilizing the firm’s tax software.
- Evaluation Process: Interns will receive feedback throughout the term and have a final evaluation meeting with the Human Resource Manager upon completion of the internship.