Manufacturing & Distribution
Specialized Business Advisory for Manufacturing & Product Distribution
Businesses involved in manufacturing and product distribution face complex financial and operating challenges as they develop and build their products and bring them to market. Pressure to cut costs and shrink lead times has never been greater, and maintaining a stable workforce has become increasingly difficult.
After decades of advising area manufacturers and distributors, Davie Kaplan has developed a wealth of specific industry expertise to help you optimize available tax benefits, capture operating efficiencies and improve financial reporting.
We’ve worked with developers of leading-edge technology in fields like optics and plastics, as well precision machine and sheet metal fabricators, among many others.
Our first priority is to understand your individual business, and where you want to go with it. Then we assist you to:
- Prepare financial statements and complete any required audit or review
- Evaluate and implement appropriate cost accounting
- Develop key financial metrics to support day-to-day management
- Evaluate profitability by both product and customer, to support pricing and relationship decisions
- Manage inventory to minimize working capital requirements
- Review internal controls to reduce potential losses
- Evaluate and improve workflow efficiencies and equipment utilization
- Perform cost-benefit analyses for capital equipment purchases or plant expansion plans
- Analyze “make vs. outsource” options
- Develop financing plans to support growth, and identify available incentives
We can also offer timely guidance about business structure, management compensation and other incentive plans, business valuation and succession planning.