Commercial Real Estate
National real estate and construction industries are constantly changing and becoming increasingly complex.
We have extensive hands-on experience working with property owners, developers, managers, investors, agents, and brokers in the commercial and residential real estate industries all over the country.
Our real estate professionals have designed a unique series of due diligence procedures to help our clients maximize their profits and safeguard their investments. We are able to provide valuable insight and assist with developing, renovating, buying, selling, holding, and managing real estate.
In addition to traditional services such as tax planning and income tax return preparation, compliance, audits and reviews, we provide a broad range of special services to our real estate clients, including, but not limited to the following:
- Assistance with real estate acquisitions and related entity selections
- Assistance with real estate sales and transfers of interest
- Cash flow projections
- Cost segregation studies
- Structuring of tax-deferred transactions such as like-kind exchanges and involuntary conversions
- Depreciation planning for constructed buildings (cost allocations)
- Structuring transactions for long-term tax optimization/minimization of taxes
- Strategic and operational planning
- Compilation of forecasts and projections
- Specialized advice on issues in all aspects of partnership taxation, iCompilation of forecasts and projectionsSpecialized advice on issues in all aspects of partnership taxation, including 704(b) allocations, allocation of liabilities, receipt of partnership interests for services, disguised sales, etc.
- Business valuationsReview of leases and lease structuring from both the landlord and tenant perspective to maximize tax benefits
- Common Area Maintenance (CAM) expense analysis
- Percentage rent audits and HUD audits
- Review and certification of low-income housing credits, rehabilitation credits, and certified historic structure credits