James F. Shaw, CPA/PFS
Jim has many years of experience both in public accounting and working for a publicly traded corporation. During these years he gained in-depth knowledge and experience on many subjects which are important to small business owners and their families. As a result Jim is well suited for consulting on matters such as Succession Planning, Estate Planning and Financial Planning for owners of privately held companies and their families. While Jim has retired from Davie Kaplan he continues to work with clients of the firm and others on a consulting basis advising the clients on various tax, accounting, strategic and estate planning ideas. Many clients appreciate the continuity which results from Jim’s continued involvement in these important matters because it enhances the service provided to them.
Jim welcomes consulting needs from existing clients and others who are searching for advice in the planning areas associated with privately held businesses.
- BS in Accounting from the State University of New York at Albany
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council of Rochester
- Monroe Community College Foundation – board member and former Treasurer
- Ronald McDonald house Charities – past board member