Davie Kaplan provides a wide range of services to sponsors of pension, profit sharing, 401(k), 403(b), Employee Stock Ownership Plans, other qualified & non-qualified retirement plans, and other employee benefit plans such as cafeteria plans. We can help you establish an effective retirement program and offer assistance in your selection of an investment platform and an investment custodial firm. We can provide orientation and training for your employees which generally increases plan participation.
Not familiar with benefits & related plans? Here at Davie Kaplan CPAs, we offer and can answer questions on a variety of services. However, for your convenience, we’ve defined a few of the basic services and related terminology below.
- Pension – a pension plan is something an employer and employee put into place so that the employee receives money after retirement. This typically comes from an investment fund that either the employee, employer, or both contributed to during the employee’s time actively working at the company.
- Profit Sharing – A profit sharing plan provides employees with a share in their company’s profits. This means that the employee will receive a percentage of the company’s profit, depending on the company’s yearly or quarterly earnings.
- 401(k) – A 401(k) plan is another kind of retirement plan in which employees can invest a portion of their paycheck before taxes are taken out. You can find a great, in-depth explanation of a 401(k) plan here.
- 403(b) – also known as a tax-sheltered annuity (TSA) plan, is a retirement plan for those who work at certain tax-exempt organizations. This is also includes some public-school employees and ministers. They are retirement plans in which the employees can invest in mutual funds or annuities.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans – also known as ESOPs, are plans in which employers will create accounts for their employees participating in the plan and invest in the company’s stock on their behalf. The employers will maintain the account for their employees as well.
- Employee Benefit Plans – these plans entail any benefits an employer provides their employees outside of their salary. Some examples of benefits include:
- Health Insurance Options or Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Fringe Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
WHY CHOOSE DAVIE KAPLAN CPAS
New to us? We have been service those in the Rochester, NY area since 1934. Check out our expert team of CPAs, financial advisors, and more. With lots of experience and a local touch, we are equipped to help clients of all sizes and fields.
If you are happy with your qualified or non-qualified plans, click on the following link below to see how we can help you with our benefit plan audit services.
Interested in learning more? You can contact us here or call us at (585) 454-4161! Or if you prefer to speak to us in person, come visit our office in downtown Rochester.